Job Summary: Perform a wide variety of clerical duties in the medical office, must maintain excellent public relations while striving to maintain an efficient and productive front office. Must demonstrate competency in understanding growth/development and communication skills for all age specific groups.
High School Diploma or equivalent. General office skills, previous medical office experience preferred. Ability to work with the public.
Skills, Talents and Abilities:
General office skills, previous medical office experience preferred. Ability to work with the public. Typical analysis involves gathering and interpreting information in Routine analytical ability is required. Situations here this information is generally factual and easily observable and/or requires limited interpretation and application of policies.
1. Answer the telephone, screen calls, take messages and provide information.
2. Schedule appointments and maintain appointment books.
3. Reschedule appointments due to physician changes as needed.
4. Reschedule appointments due to patients' requests and records cancellations and no shows in patients' charts.
5. Oversee waiting area, coordinate patient movements and report problems and irregularities.
6. Receive patients and visitors; obtain necessary information for processing.
7. Enter and update patient information and insurance into computer system.
8. Post charges for each patient and collect payments from patients.
9. Refer patients with billing problems to the billing department.
10. Prepare and maintain patient files; pull files for patient appointments or when required.
11. Prioritize and organize filing, including purging and out-of-date files.
12. Order supplies and report equipment malfunctions relating to job function.