Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
As Perrigo’s Benefits Specialist, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the Total Rewards strategy by providing coordination and support related to day-to-day administration, documentation, communication, and compliance for our employee benefit & well-being plans and programs, which includes:
- Coordinating, responding to, triaging, and tracking benefit requests
- Processing benefit reimbursements in adherence with our Rewards policies
- Reviewing, tracking and securing invoice approvals
- Overview and auditing of ongoing compliance activities
- Key contact for assigned benefit programs
- Key contact for benefits software & processes daily operations
- Year-end responsibilities, such as system testing
- Full administrative support of Open Enrollment activities
- Supporting the Total Rewards team on special projects, as they arise
In addition, you will provide excellent customer service by timely researching, responding, and following through on requests from all clients and stakeholders, including employees, HR team members, vendor partners, and retirees. You will have the opportunity to partner with and learn from our vendors and carriers and cross-train with senior Total Rewards professionals to expand your knowledge, technical, and project management skills.
In addition to the above, successful candidates will have the following knowledge and experience:
- Work within Perrigo’s Core Values of integrity, respect, and responsibility
- Work independently with initiative, follow-through, willingness to effectively problem solve and work as part of a cohesive team.
- Work efficiently and effectively, and identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Have excellent multi-tasking abilities, highly organized, and adapt & positively react to a fast-paced environment amongst competing priorities Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively, clearly and concisely with the appropriate sense of urgency.
- Ability to understand root cause and successfully act upon recommendations, as needed. Systems experience helpful.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of process flows (2 – 3 years of experience required).
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office, with a strong proficiency in Excel, 2-3 years of experience required with advanced formulas. Experience with ADP reporting and HRIS reporting preferred.
- Preferred 1-2 years of working knowledge of applicable HR & Benefits terminology, laws, regulations, and how it applies to our roles & responsibilities (i.e., COBRA, DOL, HIPAA, PHI, FMLA, EEOC, ACA, etc.).
- Previous experience in coordinating and administering company-sponsored health & welfare benefits; self-funded plan experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or a related field (or equivalent experience).
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.