Job Title: Summer Intern - Consumer Loan Processor - Consumer Finance
Flagstar Bank is looking for an intern to join our Consumer Finance team over the summer. Throughout this internship we offer the opportunity to interact with leadership from many different areas as well as gain real-world experience working side by side with team members to learn our processes and improve efficiencies while expanding on core concepts introduced in college courses. Our internship program offers a comprehensive schedule of events designed to enhance your skill set, career outlook, communication skills, and business knowledge.
- Assist in daily production of Consumer Loan closings and fundings including allocating files for doc prep; auditing closed files; prep files ready to fund; track recorded mortgages
- Participate in multiple projects
- CreatE a process for incoming competitive marketing information; this includes building a spreadsheet that will import information from our vendor to assist the Product/Pricing Mgr in competitive analysis.
- Build reports for KPI measurements
- Assist with Life of Loan Analysis
- Document User Guides for various process
- Forecast and Budget spreadsheet analysis; includes working on creating a spreadsheet and inputting data (portfolio, new loans; paid in full loans; payments; draws...) to assist the Portfolio Manager in projecting portfolio balances.
- Knowledge of Consumer Lending preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word; working knowledge of creating pivot tables,advance formulas and macros preferred
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Business Major required