HTI Cybernetics® (HTI) is a full-service supplier of robust manufacturing solutions for industrial applications, delivering cost-effective quality solutions through the integration of people, technology and business systems.
Our diligent research, innovative development, and technical expertise allow us to continually improve our solutions and support our customers throughout the entire project lifecycle. We are currently searching for a dynamic, self-starting Systems Layout/Mechanical Design Engineer to sketch, design and check special products per assigned projects. The objective is to design products to perform effectively within budget and schedule.
- Complete 3-D designs and assemblies for a variety of moderately complex to complex ergonomic and automated tools.
- Analyze as-built tool design information and prepare design update plans.
- Ensures all as builds and non-conformances are updated on drawings.
- Create field sketches and layouts.
- Understand customer needs, apply technical knowledge to identify process requirements, recommend and implement custom engineered solutions.
- Facilitates FMEA's/ERGO's at rough sketch and forty percent design completion phases.
- Work concurrently on one or more projects of moderately complex scope.
- Fills out or reviews control line-up forms per designated project.
- Demonstrate Engineering professionalism in all activities and provide efficient service to customers.
- Must understand customer design and build specifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with system layout and FactoryCAD required.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Attends customer, vendor and internal reviews.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Works as a team player with other departments.
- Understands and follows safety & environmental regulations and identifies safety/environmental concerns.
- Adheres to the Quality System and participates in continuous improvement.
Education and Experience
- Associate degree or higher in design, mechanical engineering, manufacturing or a related field desired, AND at least five (5) years of design experience.
- Five (5) years of mechanical 3D solid modeling experience and proficiency in Unigraphics.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with design software, NX, Data Management, Vis-Mock up, TeamCenter
- Experience in Automotive Tooling required, preferably Final Line / Trim Chassis Final.
- Experience in XRWD.
- Three (3) years of experience managing multiple projects.
- Customer background with GM strongly desired. ?
- Must have basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office.