Position: Business Analyst
Reports To: VP of Technology Services
The Business Analyst is responsible for understanding the organization’s systems, processes and initiatives and to act as a liaison between the business users and Technology Services to help define problems and develop solutions. Through collaboration and partnership, the Business Analyst will review business objectives and coordinate the integration of those objectives into the overall Technology Services software design and infrastructure. This position is focused on working with business users to document work flow and recommend process changes and technology solutions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Determine operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering information, evaluating output requirements and formats.
· Assess systems by studying current practices, working with business users and Technology Services to design modifications.
· Identify business or customer requirements and translate requirements into new information technology project specifications or alternatives.
· Organize and manage small enhancement and bug fix development in collaboration with Technology Services and its vendor partners.
· Create project plans for information technology development and testing.
· Execute small-to-medium projects by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending future actions/solutions.
· Create and maintain technical, functional, and business process documentation.
· Provide end user training and support.
· BA/BS in Business, Computer Science/Computer Information Systems, and/or a related field
· 1-3 years of relevant experience
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
· Self-motivated, customer oriented, and a team player with the ability to work independently -- must possess strong communication and time-management skills
· Experience with system implementations and systems support
· Ability to clearly articulate ideas both verbally and in writing
· Ability to gather and interpret data
· Ability to document processes and systems in language business users can understand
· Familiarity with Microsoft Azure, DevOps, and Power BI preferred but not required
· Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics 365 or Great Plains 2017 also preferred but not required
· Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $27.00 /hour
Pay may depend on skills and/or qualifications
- Grand Rapids, MI (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement