U.P. Plumbers, Pipefitters & HVACR Technicians, Local 111 is accepting applications September 1 - September 17 for the Plumber/Pipefitter Apprenticeship Program. Looking for dependable individuals interested in becoming part of a team of professionals in an industry that has a direct impact on infrastructure, public safety, convenience, health and comfort. Candidates must be willing to travel away from home for extended periods for work, attend mandatory classes (216 hours per year), and work varying shifts, in varying climates including overtime, weekends and holidays.
Requirements for application submission September 1-17 at Upper Peninsula Michigan Works Service Centers:
* Must be at least 17 years of age
* Complete Apprenticeship Application Form #1 (Must be entirely completed, any missing information and/or signatures will disqualify application)
* Applicants shall provide qualifying test scores for the following tests:
* Work Keys Graphic Literacy
* Work Keys Workplace Documents
* Work Keys Applied Mathematics
Applicants must achieve a combined average level of 5.33 along with a combined average score of eighty percent (80%) correct on all three (3) exams in order to be scheduled for an interview. The applicant will bear the cost of the ACT Work Keys tests in the amount of $39.00.
* Provide Birth Certificate or other such documentation for proof of age
* Provide High School Diploma AND TRANSCRIPT or High School Equivalency (GED) Certificate AND OFFICIAL GED TEST RESULTS (Documents must provide proof of High School graduation).
* Applicant must have the ability to pass a background check and drug/alcohol screening.
* Applicant must show proof of a valid Driver's License.
* Provide Military transfer or discharge Form DD-214, if applicable
* Provide Social Security Card