Automation / Controls Engineer
DISHER is currently searching for an Automation / Controls Engineer.
We are looking for an individual who will help the DISHER Automation Team grow within the growing Automation marketplace. In addition to being involved in Automation Team meetings, this problem-solver will have the opportunity to work on all types of automation and controls systems projects in a variety of industries with our area customers in Michigan. If this sounds like you, we would like to start a conversation:
- You have a desire to be at the forefront of the future of the Automation / Controls Engineering industry.
- You are seeking an opportunity to develop and grow the Automation / Controls Engineering industry.
- You thrive on variety and enjoy “wearing multiple hats,” and you love to learn.
- You are looking for variety between electrical and mechanical / manufacturing work.
- You have the heart of a steward and a desire to serve your customer and team to Make a Positive Difference.
What it’s like to work here:
DISHER is truly and simply a cool place to work. The teams are supportive, skilled, and passionate. Our culture is rooted in innovation and our mission is to Make a Positive Difference with our teammates, our customers, and our community. Hear more about DISHER’s award winning culture at: http://DISHER.com/about-us/culture/.
What you will get to do:
We are looking for someone who will make a significant and financial impact at DISHER working on valuable project work to maintain and grow your skills related to automation and controls in a manufacturing environment. As a part of the team, you will contribute with the following day-to-day work. These responsibilities will call on you to foster and nurture relationships with customers.
- On automation projects, spend most of your time on the floor to troubleshoot and correct issues and improve processes.
- Troubleshoot and support production equipment using many common systems (PLC, CNC, Robotics), or other control platforms.
- Work with many different aspects of controls, from system definition to design and programming.
- Integrate hardware and software solutions for manufacturing with support from the DISHER Electronics team.
- Help to develop IIoT solutions with support from the DISHER Electronics team.
- Defend your team against a Nerf Gun infiltration by another DISHER Team.
- Manage multiple projects/programs at one time.
- Capital equipment procurement projects as needed.
- Coffee consumption for your own rejuvenation.
- Mentor and teach engineering teammates as needed.
- Work with your team to develop and achieve mission, profit, and growth goals for the Automation Team.
- Manage your personal work schedule.
- Work on-site with DISHER's customers. Typical travel to a customer site is about 30 miles. Overnight travel is rare, about 5%.
What will make you successful:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with mechanical aptitude/experience, or a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with automation / controls training/experience, is required
- At least 2 or more years of experience in Automation / Controls Engineering, and/or Manufacturing Engineering with controls experience, required
- Dreaming about the future of the Automation / Controls Engineering industry
- Demonstrated mentorship ability
- Strong communication skills and a positive attitude
- A team-based and creative approach to problem solving
- A working knowledge of various types of automation hardware
- Experience with interpreting a customer’s specification and translating it into design
- Experience designing and creating schematics
- Candidate must be currently legally authorized to work in the United States of America for any employer without restrictions or expirations
Apply for the Automation / Controls Engineer position here:
Automation / Controls Engineer Position
DISHER is a full-service product development and engineering services firm in Zeeland, Michigan, and Indianapolis, Indiana. Our engineering team is highly technical and diversified, serving in a variety of markets including automotive, office furniture, alternative energy, and medical. Our capabilities span from napkin through launch, providing numerous opportunities for us to partner with clients in product and process development, as well as in Talent identification and attraction.
Learn about all the other DISHER opportunities here: https://disher.avature.net/careers/SearchJobs
Keywords: Automation, troubleshoot, programming, electrical, mechanical, motion control, robotics, HMI controls