GRAND TRAVERSE PAVILIONS
Assist as a team member in Organization departments as assigned, working cooperatively and efficiently to accomplish goals of the departments. Although this is an entry level position, the Universal Worker must possess interpersonal and adaptive skills to work within a variety of departments including Clinical Services, Residential Services including Adult Day Services, Environmental Services (housekeeping, custodial, laundry),Child Care Services, Activities.
Works under general supervision of the administrative person in charge of area(s) assigned.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following: (Does not include all tasks employee may be expected to perform.)
- Support the mission of Grand Traverse Pavilions. “Grand Traverse Pavilions provides a continuum of health care and residential services that are community- based and community-focused.”
- Embrace and support the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) philosophy of Grand Traverse Pavilions striving toward continuous improvement of tasks and systems. Advance recommendations for quality improvement to respective supervisor.
- Comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations as defined in the Organization’s Code of Conduct.
- Maintain strict confidence regarding content and/or discussion related to records and information of constituencies.
- Promote environmental safety by compliance with Organization’s Safety Policies/Procedures, and by monitoring for safety compliance by constituencies.
- Work cooperatively and respectfully with employees assigned to a specific department to ensure smooth operation of said department in order to meet respective goals and objectives.
- When assigned to areas that provide direct services to constituents, will provide such services in a professional, respectful, and pleasant manner, keeping in mind that the constituents are the “customers”.
- Ensure that documentation is maintained in accordance with standards established for assigned departments that require documentation.
- Attend inservices/meetings as assigned, and provide input that would enhance the quality of lives for the constituents, and/or improve the quality of work environment for employees.
- Other duties as assigned. (See attached listings of duties per department.)
- Works in an environment with noise, frequent interruptions, and may include exposure to unpleasant odors, cleaning product chemicals and disinfectants.
- Position requires standing, walking, lifting, bending, and sitting.
- Prescribed dress in accordance with Organization’s dress code.
- Position may require working weekends and/or holidays.
Hours/schedule/work location may vary or be changed by supervisor in order to meet Organization’s staffing needs.
5. Potentially dangerous equipment is utilized/maintained.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT
High school graduate or achievement of a General Education Diploma (GED).
An employee in this classification, upon appointment, should have the equivalent of the following skills and experience:
- Ability to read, write, hear, and speak English.
2. Ability to stand for extended periods of time (2–4 hours), walk, sit, push, pull, bend, twist, reach, kneel, lift (up to 40 pounds, and carry weights (up to 40 pounds) for distances of up to 100 yards.
- Ability to interact cooperatively and courteously with constituents of all ages who may have disabilities and/or dementia, families, visitors, co-workers, and volunteers.
- Ability to be flexible, versatile, and work effectively and cooperatively despite frequent interruptions.