Industrial Sewing Job Summary:
We are hiring an Industrial Sewing position for an expanding manufacturer in the furniture industry located in Grand Rapids, MI. This position is for candidates with high-level experience in the furniture industrial sewing industry. This is an innovative and growing company and they are looking for talented individuals to invest in. If you have a passion for creating and are looking to join a great team, this is the position for you!
Industrial Sewing Responsibilities:
- Operating and monitor sewing machines to detect problems, such as defective stitching, breaks in thread, or machine malfunction.
- Mounting attachments, such as needles, cutting blades, or pattern plates, and adjust machine guides according to specifications.
- Adjusting the machine controls to regulate stitching speed and length, dimensions of gathers and tucks, and material or thread tension.
- Reading work orders.
- Planning material usage to minimize waste.
- Cutting stacks of upholstery material to specifications.
- Working from templates and patterns are additional responsibilities of this position.
Schedule & Pay:
- 1st shift openings
- $13.00-$14.00/HR based on experience
Industrial Sewing Qualifications:
- Industrial sewing experience in a manufacturing setting preferred.
- Experience operating Juki industrial sewing machines is a plus.
- Precise measuring, strong math skills, manual dexterity, and a mechanical aptitude are required to maintain quality products.
- This candidate needs to be very self-directed and be able to work on their own.
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Position Type: Evaluation Hire
What Makes Express Employment Professionals Different?
Express Employment Professionals is a local employment agency that has been helping people find great jobs in Grand Rapids since 1996. We focus on helping people find permanent, long term positions at some of the best companies in the area. Every week we are actively working with 130+ companies in the Greater Grand Rapids area.
Benefits of working with Express:
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- 401(K) Savings Plan
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Scholarship programs
Free Online Training