Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park - Grand Rapids, MI
Always Growing. Always Beautiful. Always New.
Join the Hospitality Team at Meijer Gardens and be part of an award-winning facility! We offer flexible schedules and a fun, collaborative work environment.
Position Summary: Responsible for serving and playing a key role in providing customer service for a wide range of events - including high-end social events, corporate meetings, weddings and other special family occasions.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Experience: No experience necessary.We are willing to train but must be an active listener with a coachable attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Enjoy working with people
- Attentive to detail
- Excellent time management
- Process and adhere to directions
- Mindful team player
- Helpful, hardworking, and respectful of others
- Able to work on your feet for long periods of time
- Provide guest-centric service for food and beverage related events
- Follow work assignments / instructions provided by supervisor
- Read and follow instructions on event pull sheets
- Assemble and place all materials needed according to event order forms
- Read and follow facility room and table diagrams for set-up
- Serve guests according to floor service layout and the organization’s guiding principles
- Clear dining areas and check on guests’ experience
- Serve, coordinate, and document beverage inventory use per event details
- Assemble beverage products according to pull sheets prior to events
- Pour and mix drinks for guests
- Operate cash registers and record sales
- Rotate inventory and stock supplies
- Coordinate and document accounting information in connection with beverage service
- Secure cash for registers and count tills prior to starting service
- Collect payments, fill out paperwork and process cash, checks and credit cards
- Balance registers at close of each event
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness and general organization of facilities and equipment
- Maintain clean work areas, equipment and service locations
- Wash china, glassware, flatware, and other equipment related to assigned events
- At conclusion of each event, put away equipment and products used in proper locations
- Contribute to a positive team approach by supporting front of the house and back of house as requested
Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All candidates are required to submit to our background and drug screening process.