The Assistant Branch Manager works with the Branch Manager in a management role to achieve the strategic initiatives set forth for the branch by the Credit Union. The Assistant Manager position assists the Branch Manager in the development, training, coaching, mentoring and performance of the branch employees. The position is responsible for helping to grow and develop the branch, in addition to ensuring compliance with Credit Union policies, procedures and practices. The position ensures the branch employees provide accurate service to the membership in a manner that is professional and engaging and offers members products and services to build lasting relationships. The position works with the Branch Manager in supervising the operations of the branch, including sales, lending, new accounts, member service and cash operations.
This position requires the ability to work during branch hours of operation, including Saturdays, with additional time as required to fulfill responsibilities. Additionally, this position is required to represent the Credit Union in the community at events and volunteer functions outside of branch hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This position is part of the Credit Union's management team
- The primary duty of the Assistant Branch Manager is to manage the branch, in conjunction with the Branch Manager.
- Directs the work of the other branch employees
- Hires branch employees, evaluates branch employee performance, trains and mentors branch employees,
- Provides input to the Branch Manager regarding overall branch direction and daily functions
- Initiates discipline of employees when appropriate to improve their work performance, while maintaining professionalism and confidentiality
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment in taking on risk in a manner consistent with the credit union's objectives and actively mentors this skill in other employees
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment to achieve the branch's strategic initiatives
- Manages staffing levels, scheduling and branch workflow to ensure adequate coverage to provide superior service and accomplish operational duties
- Trains and mentors Management Associates and future Management Associates to take on management roles within the credit union
- Develops, implements and communicates strategic direction and goals for the branch which support the overall strategic direction and goals of the credit union
- Offers excellent service to current and potential members who visit the branch and develops the same in others
- Builds relationships with members by educating them about products and services they could benefit from, and mentors and trains others to do the same
- Actively participates in branch and credit union incentives, mentors and trains others to do the same
- Seeks training opportunities to develop or enhance knowledge
- Accepts ownership of, and remains current on, all new and existing information, processes and software
- Maintains active passwords for software systems
- Maintains regular communication with the Branch Manager regarding management of the branch
- Creates branch promotions, trains and supports employees for the promotions, monitors, analyzes results and holds staff accountable for performance
- Implements credit union promotions by providing training, support, monitoring, analyzing results and holding employees accountable for performance
- Communicates regularly with the Learning and Talent Department regarding employee performance
- Actively communicates with employees regarding their development, including regularly providing feedback and direction.
- Recommends product and process improvements to improve service to the members, in order to protect the credit union's assets, or increase productivity and operational efficiencies
- Actively participates in credit union committees representing branch operations and the membership
- Coordinates maintenance of branch equipment
- Maintains branch compliance with federal and state laws and regulations
- Oversees the completion of all monthly and quarterly audits and reporting duties, ensuring applicable policies are followed
- Leads the branch through emergency situations
- Stays current on financial industry topics with ongoing education through readings, training sessions, conferences, etc.
- Participates in training activities within your department or branch and with the learning and talent development department to ensure staff compliance with credit union policies and state and federal regulations and laws
- Represents the credit union in the community and in a volunteer capacity
- Performs other duties as assigned. Duties may vary by branch location.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Have advanced knowledge of duties and responsibilities performed as a Member Service Representative; Utilize approval limits and privileges appropriately
- Have advanced knowledge of duties and responsibilities performed as a Financial Service Representative/Officer
- Strong verbal, quantitative and interpersonal skills to handle complex management situations and communicate with leaders within the community
- Ability to communicate with members and staff in a positive, friendly, patient and professional manner using strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, along with the ability to present information effectively to the staff and membership
- Ability to train and mentor employees
- Ability to garner performance from branch employees
- Ability to support strategic direction through strong coaching and sales management skills
- Strong knowledge of the credit union's products and services, including laws, regulations, policies and procedures, as well as a thorough knowledge of the in-house computer systems
- Strong analytical skills to analyze complex... For full info follow application link.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities