PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR, 3RD SHIFT - 067110
Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift, Milan, MI
Georgia-Pacific is currently hiring for a 3rd Shift,(11PM-7AM) Production Supervisor at the Milan, MI corrugated packaging plant. The ideal candidate will demonstrate safety as a value and lead a crew of 20-30 employees to exceed production expectations for the shift. The candidate must be self-driven and demonstrate a commitment to safety, manufacturing excellence, and quality.
Primary responsibilities will include providing leadership on the operating floor and striving for compliance in safety, health, environmental, and quality. Also responsible for coaching, training, and developing operations personnel in safety, quality, production, problem solving, and technical and interpersonal communication skills; addressing key issues and concerns; and interacting with employees from machine centers to ensure quality and on-time production.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Promoting a culture where safety becomes everyone’s core value.
* Ensuring employees are working in a safe manner and adhering to the safety guidelines.
* Striving or compliance excellence in environmental, health, safety and quality.
* Ensuring that best practices are being followed to minimize waste.
* Provide coaching and training to further advance the crews; ability, quality and output performance.
* Being able to address key issues and concerns with employee development.
* Being able to develop and complete annual performance feedback sessions for all employees and execute development plans as necessary to close performance gaps.
* Leading crew to attain and exceed production goals.
* Ensuring that we produce a product that meets or exceeds our customers’ expectations.
* Ensuring all employees are following best run practices.
* Planning, assigning and directing work for all hourly production employees.
* Working with maintenance and crew to maintain and sustain overall equipment effectiveness.
* Exemplify and advance the MBM® (Market Based Management) philosophy.
* Driving continuous improvement in the facility.
* Effectively communicating to production, support and management.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity