The Project Chief will be responsible for leading activities for EE Components Body Electronics & Security for a given vehicle program(s) as associated with specified markets and model years and will manage the work output of a team of technical engineers to ensure compliance with all technical requirements, quality objectives, program milestones, deliverables, build issue management and cost targets. The components include body electronic modules (ex. Body Controllers, Folding Seat Modules, Door Control Modules, Memory seat modules, HRLS modules, etc.), wireless components (ex. RF hub, Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems, Key Fobs, Smart Phone as Key etc.) and security components (ex. Cyber Security Gateway Modules, Electronic Steering Column Lock modules, Intrusion systems, Quite Vehicle Pedestrian Alarm Systems etc.). The Project Chief will interface directly with the Product Responsible (PR), Design Responsible (DR) and release engineers within EE Components as well as vehicle and manufacturing team counterparts.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (Aerospace/Computer/Chemical) from an ABET accredited university
• 8 years of engineering experience
• Working knowledge of CAN tools
• Experience with assembly plant electrical (EOL) test system
• Strong technical problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Solid understanding of electrical systems
• Must be able to manage issues independently and drive issue resolution prior releasing experience
• Must be capable of interfacing directly with assembly plants
• Master of Science degree in Electrical, Computer or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET accredited university
• Reactive or DFSS green belt or black belt
• Experience with diagnostic tools such as CDA would be advantageous
• Software knowledge a plus
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.