Founded in 1972, Skytron is a family-owned private healthcare efficiency company committed to providing the acute care market with innovative and flexible solutions. Skytron prides themselves on the family-feel atmosphere you experience the moment you walk in the door. We know the overall success stems from investing in our employees and their efforts so we strive to provide opportunities for employees to learn, grow, and thrive!
Skytron provides a competitive and comprehensive benefits program that helps employees and their families lead healthy, productive, and balanced lives. Our benefits program includes, comprehensive medical and dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with a company match, a profit sharing retirement plan, 10 paid holidays, vacation and personal time off, education reimbursement, a wellness program, and a company gym.
Summary: The Boom Supervisor reports directly to the Director of Operations & Quality. This position is responsible for ensuring the needs of customers are met on time and with the best of quality. The Boom Supervisor ensures orders are scheduled, problems are resolved, and team work assignments are completed on time in adherence to all quality standards. This individual coaches and engages team members in continuous improvement activities to better the team, area, workflows and quality.
- Maintains and communicates schedule, ensuring work is assigned to team members and completed on time.
- Collaborates with Planning, Material Handling and Shipping & Receiving departments to ensure orders are produced in the best order for attaining ship schedules and reducing waste.
- Addresses and works to solve any issues with orders in a timely fashion.
- Facilitates continuous improvement initiatives and meetings.
- Trains, coaches and mentors team members
- Works closely with quality and/or safety team to address any issues that arise.
- Performs quality checks and ensures order and documentation are accurate and timely.
- Ensures safety standards are followed by all team members and generates ideas to create a safer work environment.
- Works closely with relevant departments and individuals on boom product introductions to ensure smooth transition into production.
- Assists on the boom line, as determined by workload needs.
- Oversees the process of ordering miscellaneous product and any new tools or replacement tools.
- Aides in the recruitment process, rewards and recognizes employee accomplishments and handles corrective discipline when necessary.
- Leads daily meetings and communicates assignments and deadlines to team members.
- Customer Focus:Gives customers' internal/external needs priority and responds quickly to customer concerns. Demonstrates a desire to assist others, promotes positive behavior to internal/external customers. Eliminates systems/bureaucratic barriers to deliver exceptional service.
- Interpersonal Communication:Listens to others, expressing ideas, both orally and in writing, and providing relevant information to management, co-workers, and customers. Makes a conscious effort to give explicit instructions or answers; seeks understanding; encourages feedback and listens carefully to others. Maintains good relationships, gets along with fellow employees, respects the rights of other employees and shows a cooperative spirit.
- Managerial Focus: Hands on in the work and workflow, keeps other departments/people informed of progress. Provides clarity around direction and priorities, commits to group decisions and follows policies, procedures and protocols. Involves employees in planning, problem solving and decision making on matters that affect team performance and company objectives.
- Coaching Others: Coaches and instructs others on specific work activities and holds employees/distributors accountable. Manages people development and encourages performance through motivation and feedback. Addresses performance issues and coaches on behavioral challenges.
- Company Values:
- Integrity: Firm adherence to moral and ethical principles. Decisions are based on doing the right thing in a reliable way. Demonstrates a sense of corporate responsibility in words and actions.
- Partnering Philosophy: Unites with others in a meaningful endeavor. Establishes long-term win-win relationships sharing both risk and rewards. Demonstrates a desire to be “easy to do business with”.
- Superior & Pioneering Solutions: Originates a new line of thought of higher quality. Produces high quality work, exhibits self-pride. Delivers high-value experience to internal/external customers.
- Long Term Focus: Provides objective, purposeful insight over an extensive duration of time. Puts the company’s long term needs above immediate and individual needs. Reinforces Skytron values and brand reputation within and outside the company.
- Associates Degree and/or 3 – 5 years supervisory experience is highly desired.
- 3-5 years of previous experience in a warehouse or distribution center, desired.
- Prior experience and/or training in electrical circuits.
- Must know how to read and follow blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to read and understand electrical testing equipment and ensure equipment is in accordance with NEC and NFPA 99.
- Knowledge of Excel and basic Microsoft Office is required
- Ability to obtain hi lo and picker license.
- Exerting up to 100lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 50lbs of force frequently, and/or up to 20lbs of force constantly to move objects.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.