Michigan Works! West Central is looking to hire a full-time Offender Success Program Manager to work in its Newaygo County office.
The Offender Success Program Manager is responsible for building and coordinating relationships with a broad array of community stakeholders throughout the counties of Allegan, Barry, Ionia, Kent, Lake, Mason, Mecosta, Montcalm, Muskegon, Newaygo, Oceana, Osceola and Ottawa in order to foster a safety net of support and re-employment services for individuals returning to the region form State of Michigan correctional institutions. Major responsibilities include but are not limited to: building service provider capacity to administer the Michigan Department of Corrections Offender Success program; analyzing and negotiating contracts; monitoring performance of vendors and contractors; resolving service delivery problems; acting as primary liaison to Michigan Department of Corrections' Offender Success Office, and coordinating activities to ensure improved employment outcomes and reduced recidivism rates for ex-offenders, through a full menu of related services delivered by faith and community based organizations as well as by private industry contractors. It is expected that the Offender Success Program Manager will work in tandem with the Region 4 Community Coordinator.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Identify community assets that can improve reentry success, as well as gaps in current community services for all reentry populations.
- Plans, organize, controls, integrates, monitors and evaluates the services provided by contractors/vendors engaged in re-entry services.
- Create and foster partnerships with other government, nonprofit and private organizations to leverage their contributions for successful re-entry.
- Identify available grant funding to serve additional returning offenders, and work with key Michigan Works! West Central staff to assist in project creation, completing and submitting grant proposals as determined appropriate within the federal, state, local, and private foundation sectors.
- Make recommendations to improve policies, systems, resources and services to support returning ex-offenders to the community.
- Contract creation, maintenance, and negotiation with all subcontractors for any grants held with the Offender Services program.
- Management of all procurement, working in tandem with Michigan Works! West Central Administrative staff.
- Strategic oversight for Offender Success grant and staff, including staff training, goal and performance setting, corrective action when addressing problems with work quality and all subcontractor related concerns.
- All Michigan Department of Corrections contract, performance, and compliance management.
- Assist with all subcontractor recruitment, specifically with a high attention to detail recruiting private housing landlords to provide contracted housing, and available rent options post transition.
- Attend relevant trainings, conferences, and statewide meetings as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor. These duties will be incorporated in a specific way into the Position Description, should they involve a lengthy commitment or extensive time.
Works closely with Michigan Works! West Central staff and Region 4 Community Coordinator.
Works closely with Michigan Department of Corrections key staff, Steering Team members, and Region 4 service providers.
SALARY RANGE: $39,077 - $54,181
LOCATION: Newaygo, MI