Michigan Works! West Central is looking for a full-time Talent Development Manager to join its team in Newaygo County!
The Talent Development Manager is responsible for the supervision of a minimum of five Talent Specialists in two of the six counties (Newaygo and Oceana counties) in the Michigan Works! West Central service area, managing all aspects of the Wagner Peyser Employment Services, Trade Act functions, Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and Partnership. Accountability. Training. Hope (Path). The Talent Development Manager will monitor the effective delivery of Michigan Works! programs, services, and project outcomes in support of the employer demand driven system. The Talent Development Manager provides direct support to the Executive Director. Knowledge of workforce development and delivery of excellent customer service to job seekers, employers, partners and visitors to the Michigan Works! Service Centers are required. Serves as the Michigan Works! Equal Opportunity Officer. Must maintain strict confidentiality of assigned information.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Overseeing the Talent Specialists in Newaygo and Oceana counties and ensuring the provision of excellent customer service (in person and via telephone) to job seekers, employers, partners and visitors to the Michigan Works! Service Centers.
- Coordinate the activities of varied and complex projects including outreach, orientation, eligibility requirements, service delivery procedures/processes, referral to services and follow-up; maintain communication with agencies, contractors, employers, vendors, and resource allocators to ensure optimal operational efficiency and effectiveness of organizational programs.
- Responsible for the scheduling of Talent Specialists in two Michigan Works! Service Centers; Newaygo and Shelby.
- Assist with the provision of front line services to model excellent customer service.
- Provide training, support, and clarification of Michigan Works! regulations, policy, and required file documentation to staff members.
- Proficient and demonstrated understanding of all Michigan Works! program requirements.
- Serves as staff liaison with the State Workforce Development agency and other various state agencies on planning, technical assistance, and other areas.
- Serves as staff support to various work groups and committees as assigned. This may include WDB/LEO committees, and other groups.
- Administering ACT “Work Keys” assessments and scoring according to ACT policies.
- Proctor and schedule the GED test.
- Assist Business Services staff with job fairs and hiring events.
- Assist employers with various levels of employee recruitment services.
- Provide assistance to area businesses in accessing and using Pure Michigan Talent Connect.
- Attend relevant trainings, conferences, and statewide meetings as requested.
- Functions as Equal Opportunity (EO) officer. Provides technical assistance to programs in meeting goals. Prepares EO program reports and provides staff training.
- Process Complaints.
- Reviews participant reports for equality of services.
- May conduct on-site reviews to assure adherence to non-discrimination requirements.
- Provide EO training and information to staff.
- Review written policies to make sure they are nondiscriminatory.
- Develop and publish discrimination complaint procedures.
- Collect and analyze EO statistical data.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Software, email management and electronic presentation skills are required for this position.
- Monitor and report staff performance and effectiveness, including customer service to Executive Director. Direct supervision of approximately five staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor. These duties will be incorporated in a specific way into the Position Description, should they involve a lengthy commitment or extensive time.
Works closely with Michigan Works! West Central staff.
Works closely with employers, job seekers, partners and visitors.
SALARY RANGE: $39,077 - $54,181
LOCATION: Newaygo, MI