The function of this position is:
- Service, repair, and/or propose replacement of warm air furnaces, air conditioners, duct distribution systems, boilers, water heaters, related piping and electrical.
- To service and start up equipment and adjust to the manufacturers and job specification.
- To troubleshoot, adapt, and resolve/repair all issues that arise that would keep the equipment from functioning properly.
- Communicate to the consumer on the proper operation and owner's maintenance of the installed equipment. Answer related questions as to operation, features, and functions to the homeowner.
Perform required documentation for each call, recording recommendations, repairs, accurate readings, and observations. Have client sign necessary paperwork and collect payments as directed.
HVAC Residential Service Technician Responsibilities
- Customer service orientated.
- Must have a good working knowledge of our products and services being offered. This may require additional study and training both on and off site.
- Establish goals and objectives as they relate to the position, along with a plan of action to attain or exceed set goals.
- Regularly review and monitor progress against goals and seek assistance as needed.
- Communicate effectively with associates, superiors, vendors, and customers.
- Ask and obtain customer referral's and web recommendations
- Possess superior interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to accurately list/order materials and supplies.
- Must be able to work under time constraints, budgetary limits, and pressures.
- Efficiently manage his/her time and schedules.
- Constantly be learning through training from suppliers, trade shows, seminars, independent study, and other employees.
- Maintain clean, neat, and professional appearance.
- Work and drive safely and can recognize and avoid dangerous situations.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Willing to train the right candidate