Custom Profile is seeking three Extrusion Lead Operators fopr 2nd and 3rd shift.
Want to be in a leadership role and take that next step in your career? Enjoy training new employees in a manufacturing setting?
Reporting to the Extrusion Supervisor the successful candidate will be responsible for performing all tasks involved in the production of Custom Profile’s products. The successful candidate will follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible. This position will work as part of a team toward our company goal of zero defects and 100% on-time delivery.
Custom Profile, named Best Places to Work, is an Employee Owned manufacturer of plastic extruded products with over $50 million in annual sales and 400 employees at its locations in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Juarez, Mexico and Camden, South Carolina. The company is an industry leader in the profile extrusion industry, currently ranked 65th on the list of largest plastic extruders across all market segments for 2018, up 4 spots from 2017. Founded in 1992, Custom Profile has enjoyed consistent annual growth in its revenues and earnings in 25 of its 27 years in operation. Custom Profile boasts a blue chip customer base, including Herman Miller, Haworth, Hon/Allsteel, Steelcase, Whirlpool, Electrolux, GE Appliance, 3M and others.
- Competitive Salary, paid weekly
- Performance based bonuses
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with company match
- Gym Reimbursements
- Monthly wellness events with the opportunity to earn wellness points toward wellness items
- Monthly community service events
- Attendance Bonus of up to 4 paid days per year
- Apprenticeship Program
- Paid Time Off
- On-Site Flu Shots
- On-Site Biometric Screening
- Family Summer Outing
- Annual Company Meeting
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Training and Development Opportunities
- Referral Bonus Program
- Paid Holidays
Train Line Operators within your assigned area on downstream equipment, tooling, material, etc. Help employees strive to complete their Line Operator Training Books and successfully support extrusion jobs as needed.
- Inspect parts for surface quality, color, profile appearance and dimensions, complete quality checks as necessary, including 1st and last piece approvals.
- Assure accurate completion of all necessary production paperwork within your assigned area.
- Successfully complete standard work procedures, setting up downstream equipment, based on spec and work order for packaging supplies, and documentation.
- Discern process variations through periodic checks and make necessary adjustments or confer with set-up’s as necessary.
- Maintain schedule and facilitate operator breaks within assigned area.
- Pack parts as required on each extrusion line following the company specs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area; follow daily housekeeping and 5S standards.
- Promote and maintain a culture and attitude of continuous improvement, working within the company team to make it more efficient, safety and an enjoyable place to work.
- Treat all employees with professional respect and dignity.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School diploma, GED or a minimum of 1 year in a manufacturing environment.
- Completion of Operator training book.
Strength in the following areas required:
- Strong communications/training skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Proven aptitude for training.
- Strong customer service with internal and external customers.
- Basic math skills
- Basic Blueprint Reading Skills
- Basic computer skills
Experience in the following areas is preferred:
- Problem Solving
- Experience with manufacturing/quality tools (calculator, measuring cup, weigh scale, steel rule, tape measure, pro-scale, calipers, comparator, protractor, laser gauge, warp gauge, tape gun, stapler)
- 5S/Lean Manufacturing/Kanban
- Working knowledge of Extrusion equipment (including extruders, co-extruders, water troughs, water heaters, pullers/cutters, conveyors, etc.)
- Be able to stand in one place and perform continuous and repetitive movements which may last for up to 8 hours.
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Function in a moderate noise level environment, wear earplugs as necessary
- Safety glasses and close toed shoes must be worn on the production floor