Job Title: Aerospace Tool Designer
Requisition Number: V382
Employment Type: Regular
Working Time: Full Time
Work Location: Auburn Hills, Michigan
Visioneering, Inc. provides the aerospace industry with high-quality conceptual design, engineering, and innovative tooling. As a full-service provider, established in 1953, we provide industry-leading organizations with totally integrated program management, design, engineering, NC machining and manufacturing. Our quality management system has been tried and tested to meet the stringent requirements of AS9100 certification.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creation of tooling solutions and detailed tool design drawings in support of our Military, Aerospace and Commercial markets utilizing CATIA and/or Siemens NX CAD software.
- Review the Statement of Work and verify that all information needed is available to complete design. If the information is unavailable, then this person will be responsible for communicating it with the Design Manager and Project Manager.
- Design to customer-specific intervals and standards and inform Design Manager when reaching the specified intervals for internal checks. This person must notify the Project Manager once the internal check has been completed.
- Attend all scheduled internal design review meetings; review the Statement of Work and tool model with manufacturing and quality team.
- Participates in tooling design reviews to ensure tools support the customer build plan, is usable by the production and meets the establish technical / safety / ergo requirements.
- Interaction with internal Processing, Manufacturing, Quality Team for a seamless production flow.
- Be a fundamental part in the technical trouble shooting of tooling related issues, cause and corrective action analysis.
- Ability to cross-check some design work in team-based environment
- Knowledgeable in functionality of a variety of tools and tooling materials.
- Possess some knowledge of customer design standards including how to access CAD supplied design standards as needed.
- Comply fully with electronic document and manual document control system.
- Understand and work to all QMS procedures and work instructions.
- Work in the most efficient manner and deliver design within or before required due date and budgeted hours.
- Must be able to achieve quality and production goals.
- Must be a team player.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- 3-D modeling experience (CATIA V5 or UGNX) of assembly fixtures, machine fixtures, bond & lay-up tools and facility equipment.
- Ability to provide 2-D drawings.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge in geometric tolerances.
- Understands reference systems.
- High School Diploma or recognized equivalent.
- Knowledge in CATIA.
- MS Office Suite knowledge helpful.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with tool and / or mechanical design.
- 2 or more years of experience with CATIA V5 or similar CAD software
- Preferred Aerospace tool design experience.
- Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship or Valid Permanent Resident status is required.
Visioneering, Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Visioneering, Inc. via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Visioneering, Inc. HR will be deemed the sole property of Visioneering, Inc. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Visioneering, Inc. as a result of the referral or through other means.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled