We're dedicated to achieving our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion. We are looking for people who are passionate about helping us create safer, better and more sustainable solutions for personal mobility. Our bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities
Why Join Us?
Our culture focuses on building diverse and inclusive teams, where we embrace differences and unique perspectives, so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open workspaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire innovation, productivity and flexible collaboration. We are proud to support our employees through competitive benefit offerings and beyond through giving back to our communities.
About GM Customer Care and Aftersales (CCA) markets automotive replacement parts worldwide for GM and non-GM vehicles through four distinct distribution channels, which include GM dealers, wholesale distributors, ACDelco warehouse distributors, and consumer-related outlets such as auto parts and general discount stores. GM's Customer Care & Aftersales is the only business unit that supports the vehicle from cradle to grave.
Approximately 5,600 hourly and salaried employees work within GM North America CCA including:29 warehouse facilities, Central Office, Engineering and Technical Centers, and field sales regions within the United States, Canada and Mexico.
•While working here you can expect to spend time training, coaching, developing and managing a team of union employees on a day to day basis.
•You will be responsible for workload distribution and time management of your team.
•Responsibilities include tracking of efficiency and time usage of employees while staying within local and national labor agreements.
•You will be responsible for safety checks as well as adherence to all safety guidelines before, during and after shifts.
•The role will require flexibility in shifts as well as the willingness to work beyond your designated shift.
• Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
• Must have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
• Preferred graduation date: 2021 or 2022
• Able to work fulltime, 40 hours per week
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Ability to make critical decisions dealing with a variety of issues quickly and effectively
• A great deal of managerial courage is required as the need to provide appropriate feedback comes on a regular basis
• Willing to dive into the business and learn our processes in and out, quickly adapt to changes on the fly, and communicate those changes to the necessary employees.
• Demonstrated leadership in field of study, extracurricular activities or service organizations
• Able to work independently and with a team
• Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and creates a winning culture
• Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
• Oral and written communication skills with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
• Emerging partnership and collaboration skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers in a fast-paced environment
• High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity, takes initiative/self-directed
• Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty, accountability and trust
• Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking and problem-solving skills that is customer-centric
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.