A System Architect works closely with the Requirements, Mechanical, Electrical, Safety and Systems team to identify customer features and provide a design to realize those identified features. The System Architect’s solution concept should define functionalities of the system, their interactions, interfaces and the physical elements that will carry out those functionalities. The framework created by the System Architect helps with the requirement flow down, with the system design and with setting priorities for the product development team.
Tasks will include:
- Define system architecture for Nexteer Automotive production system by understanding the complicated system and dividing it into smaller manageable functional systems with different architectural views.
- Define subsystems, interfaces and interactions of system physical and functional elements.
- Work with hardware and software developers to create optimal re-usable system solution.
- Support requirements allocation and analysis through architecture and design
- Interface with customers and developers to determine the impact of changing requirements.
- Actively work with design and implementation engineers on resolving issues and update the system architecture accordingly if needed.
- Plan and monitor system architecting process activities including system architecture verification.
- Maintain System Architecting Process documents.
- Actively participate in peer design reviews.
- Develop and maintain core system architecture and system design
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering required
- Project and team leadership skills.
- Excellent organization and documentation abilities.
- Willing to learn SysMl, IS0 26262 and other tools like IBM Rhapsody
- 1+ years of experience working with complex mechatronic systems
- Understanding of ASPICE and ISO 26262 system architecture responsibilities.
- Knowledge of modeling languages like SysMl, UML or OPM
- Knowledge / hands on experience of modeling tools like IBM Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect, SCADE Architect
- Strong systems engineering, safety, or DFMEA background.
- Knowledge of Nexteer Automotive EPS or similar system.
- MS in System Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call 1-989-757-5000. Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.