Regional Sales Director, Healthcare Solutions
Job ID: 2019-15485
Type: Regular Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Aesculap, Inc., a B. Braun company, is part of a 180-year-old global organization focused on meeting the needs of an ever-changing healthcare community. Through close collaboration with its customers, Aesculap provides advanced technologies for general surgery, neurosurgery and closure technologies. Aesculap continues a proud heritage of leadership and responsiveness as we strive to deliver products and services that improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Responsible for achieving and exceeding sales quota and forecasts through effectively directing the sales efforts of Aesculap sales reps as well as manufacturer reps.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Directs all regional members to achieve/exceed the sales quota figures.
- Hires, develops and manages sales personnel within the region.
- Directs the region to be properly staffed with qualified and trained sales reps who perform their duties effectively.
- Defines, communicates, and implements the regional sales objectives.
- Oversees technical product training for each regional sales rep and make recommendations for future development.
- Implements corporate sales policy within the region.
- Works with Corporate Accounts Directors to initiate new managed care opportunities as well as manage existing contracts to maximize sales.
- Attends and participates in necessary sales training (at least one per year).
- Organizes and coordinates region meetings as well as manage the participating sales reps at conventions when assigned.
- Develops and implements short and long-term sales plans and programs within the budget restrictions.
- Conducts quarterly business reviews with top 20 accounts in region.
- Performs all required administrative functions, i.e., monthly reports, correspondence with sales personnel, customers, expense reporting, etc.
- Assists National Sales Director in developing and implementing sales policies and programs, i.e. sales quotas, contracts, forecasts, expense budgets, etc.
- Monitors performance of sales reps and make recommendations for promotions, reprimands, warnings and terminations.
- Interfaces with marketing in projects that affect sales activity.
- Advises National Sales Director on performance standards of each sales representative within their specific region.
- Effectively manages personal and sales representatives’ expenses, i.e. travel, meetings, entertainment, etc.
- Responds to customer needs, requirements and problems in accordance with company policy.
- Conducts data analysis market research as needed.
- Completes specifically assigned projects.
- Observes surgical procedures as required to remain informed of industry trends.
- Effectively manages personal and sales reps sample inventory and ensure Setworld product is returned in a timely manner.
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned
Secondary or peripheral job functions:
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally by air and car, and work occasional weekends. Must possess a valid government issued drivers license and passport.
- Requires excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer skills in Windows, Microsoft Office Suite of products, Word, Excel, and Power Point desirable.
- This position requires the handling of instruments that may have been contaminated by blood or other bodily fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working environment for all employees.
- Manages various Sales levels including but not limited to Territory Managers, Sr. Sales Representatives, Sales Representatives, and Sales Associates. Mid-level managerial position that includes decision-making responsibilities at the regional sales level.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Language and mathematical skills; reasoning ability:
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, f