Gentex is seeking energetic self-starters to fill entry-level production positions on multiple shifts. These positions are responsible for the assembly of raw parts and sub-assemblies as stated by the operation sheets. Will also be responsible for the quality of the product and to ensure customer requirements are met.
A work history that includes proven dependability and punctuality is required. Manufacturing experience is preferred.
- 2nd shift hours are typically Mon - Fri 2:00pm-10:00pm.
- 3rd shift hours are typically Sun -- Fri 10:00pm--6:00am
- Exact start and end time may vary depending on line schedules.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Responsible for the assembly of raw parts and sub-assemblies as stated by the operation sheets.
- Responsible for the quality of the product and to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Achieve department goals through assembly and inspection of small parts and/or operation of machines to produce high quality products for our customer.
- Responsible for being an active team participant in teamwork toward continuous improvement.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for performing off-line tasks including line scheduling, down time reporting, housekeeping, coordinating time keeping, and ordering supplies.
- One year manufacturing experience preferred.
- Excellent attendance history.
- Ability to rotate to all positions within department.
- High school diploma preferred.
- Willingness to work in a team-based environment.
- Ability to read and comprehend English based operation sheets.
- High level of hand dexterity/coordination. Some assembly processes require repetitive grasping, pushing, gripping, lifting, and manipulation of forces and weights up to 5 lbs.
- 20/30 corrected eyesight with color recognition.
- Ability to stand, remain stationary, and/or move about for 8 hours.
- Some positions require repetitive lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Some positions require frequent to repetitive bending, reaching, squatting, or otherwise positioning body to load and unload materials from racks, skids and carts of varying heights.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts; raw glass; repetitive movements; and hazardous materials (e.g., flammable, toxic, or corrosive chemicals). The work environment is temperature controlled and the noise level is usually moderate. Team members will be provided with personal protective equipment as needed to protect against identified hazards and promote a safe work environment. Manufacturing work environments require constant vigilance and compliance with safety best practices, policies, and procedures.