Fordsell Machine Products
CNC Setter Operator Job Description
Primary Responsibilities: Setup and operate CNC turning equipment to produce Fordsell products per Customer Specifications and Fordsell production schedule.
Expected approach: Work in a safe manner at all times. Be able to work with all members of the Fordsell team. Be organized and detail-oriented. Be able to manage one's own time to meet numerous and sometimes conflicting demands of the business. Request assistance as needed to complete objectives. Use the Fordsell ERP system to document production and quality and to track process changes.
Key Activities: Progression of skills and responsibilities as outlined below:
CNC Machine Tender (entry level)
- Starts up CNC machine and automatic CNC magazine barloader
- Loads material in barloader
- Monitors chip load
- Operates CNC machine (Swiss or other) to fabricate parts
- Verifies conformance of workpiece to specifications, drawings and inspection instructions visually and using gauges, such as micrometer, go-no-go, and calipers
- Uses ERP to document production and In-Process Inspections worksheets to document quality
- Demonstrates punctuality and works well in Team environment
CNC Operator (within 6 to 12 Months) - Same as CNC Machine Tender plus additional duties and responsibilities:
- Makes authorized changes and offsets on the machine to maintain quality of product workpiece
- Manages machine lubrication and coolant systems
- Performs minor troubleshooting (to identify cause of out of spec workpiece or machine operation) • Runs more than one machine
- Uses ERP to document Quality Alerts and/ or Process Changes
CNC Setup-Operator (after 1 year) - Same as CNC Operator plus additional duties and responsibilities:
• Sets up CNC machines to turn, drill, bore, face, mill, and thread parts, according to specifications, CNC program, tooling setup card, applying knowledge of metal machining methods.
- Installs tool holding devices, and tools, such as, chucks, cutters, and drills, guide bushings and collets into machine
CNC Programmer – Same as CNC Setp-Operator plus
- Uses feeds and speeds and experience to create and write programs