This is a 2nd or 3rd shift position.
STAR TRUCK RENTALS PRIDES ITSELF IN OUR COMMITMENT TO EACH AND EVERY ONE OF OUR DIESEL MECHANICS / TECHNICIANS. WHEN YOU JOIN STAR, YOU ARE JOINING A FAMILY. AT STAR, WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE TOP NOTCH BENEFITS AND A FAMILY CULTURE THAT UNDERSTANDS THE IMPORTANCE OF THE BALANCE BETWEEN YOUR WORK AS A DIESEL MECHANIC AND YOUR LIFE.
Star’s employees and their families are a top priority. That’s why we offer all our diesel mechanics an excellent benefits package, with exceptional medical coverage, dental and vision benefits, 401K with a company match, profit sharing, flexible dependent care and medical spending accounts, free employee, spouse and child life insurance, free disability insurance and employee referral bonuses to name a few.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a Diesel Mechanic / Technician with Star Truck Rentals, you will…
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services
- Identify warrantable repairs and document repair order
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Diesel Mechanic / Technicians will road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper working condition
- Diesel Mechanic / Technicians perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery
- Raise trucks and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists
- Diesel Mechanic / Technicians inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts and pressure gauges
- Diesel Mechanic / Technicians inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications
- Repairing and troubleshooting of major components such as engine, transmission, and differentials
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Enhance maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishment
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications
- Comply with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards