$14.50/hour is paid during training; $17.22/hour after successful completion of training (8 weeks).
SMART is actively looking for customer-focused, drivers that LOVE to work with the public! We are looking to fill immediate openings.
If you like people and like to drive, then SMART may be the perfect career opportunity for you!
We have openings throughout our service area in Macomb, Oakland and Wayne counties.
SMART Benefits: Include:
- Competitive benefits package, healthcare savings program (post-employment), defined benefit pension plan, employee transportation pass, paid vacation, holidays and personal leave days, tuition reimbursement and career opportunities.
A Fixed Route Operator is under general direction, operates motor coaches to transport passengers over specified routes in a safe, efficient and courteous manner. Responsible for collecting fares and completing necessary inspections and reports.
- Ability to work various shifts, weekends, holidays, split days off, especially during the first 2 years of employment.
- A real desire to drive and serve the public.
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver's License.
- Less than four points on driving record in last five years.
- No suspensions, revocations or restrictions within past 36 months (3 years).
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited school.
- A minimum of 5 years licensed driving experience.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend written directives and service information.
- Ability to perform arithmetical calculations and maintain reports.
- Ability to work in a time-structured environment under minimal direct supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to work with the public.
- Ability to exercise sound and quick judgment in solving problems.
- Ability to successfully complete employment history verification and criminal background check, medical examination including drug screening, and employment interview.