Title: 2nd shift Operations Supervisor
Type: Full Time
Function: Production / Distribution Support
Top Level Division: Powertrain
Location: Greenville, MI, United States
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for the coordination of production activities for the 2nd shift and area. Supervising hourly employees, assign resources, and planning production to achieve delivery, quality and productivity goals.
* Assigns hourly employees as required to meet production rates.
* Monitors schedule and take appropriate actions to achieve delivery performance goals.
* Utilizes lean management (FMPS) techniques to maximize process output.
* Enforces plant rules and procedures.
* Assures plant safety rules and standards are followed without exception.
* Assures resources are available and in good working condition for employees to produce a quality product.
* Communicates with hourly employees on both departmental and personal performance issues.
* Coaches and counsels employees so the maximum contribution can be realized from each team member.
* Performs other duties as required
* Ability to work a 2nd shift 3pm-11pm, with ability to come in early for floor meetings, and stay late for production issues as needed
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
* Must be in good health and possess the abilities to stand, sit, bend, twist, push, and pull as may be required to perform the task at hand.
* Standing or walking around, often up to 8-10 hours per day.
* Climb stairs to second floor of building.
* Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms.
* Sit at a desk and work using a computer on a daily basis.
* Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to work in manufacturing environment, including but not limited to, sound levels over 80 decibels, uneven flooring and walking between two facilities about 100 yards apart.
Second-level supervisory position responsible for all production, assembly and/or distribution operations on a single shift for a large area in a facility or on all shifts for a segment of the facility.
High School Diploma or equivalent
5+ years' experience in a manufacturing or lead supervisory experience required
Strong knowledge of tooling, engineering principles, and manufacturing concepts
Understanding of scheduling procedures
High volume automotive production experience preferred
Metal stamping/manufacturing/production experience preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled