Title: Quality Engineer
Type: Full Time
Function: Mfg / Ind Engineering
Location: Greenville, MI, United States
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities:Responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the Quality function toassure compliance to company standards and customer specifications.
* Maintains necessary records and initiatesrequired actions to minimize the long range, overall quality costs of theorganization in the interest of maximizing profit.
* Coordinates in-process and final inspection,dimensions, appearance and proper packaging of parts to assure quality parts ata minimum cost. Reviews scrap and repair work to pinpoint problems and recommendcorrective action to minimize scrap thereby improving plant profit.
* Responds to customer quality concerns andmaintains the required customer-vendor relationship.
* Coordinates visits of customer representativesto our plant. Must be prepared to show conformance to their requirements with regard todimensions, appearance, packaging and labeling.
* Coordinates the training and use of computerizeddata collection system.
* Conducts and evaluates capability studies onboth present and new equipment and processes, Provides documentation for production samples.
* Provides necessary surveillance over sampleparts to insure customer satisfaction at a minimum cost. Suggests areas requiringprocess improvement.
* Actively uses G-8D, FM TIPS or other customerrequired problem solving tools when required.
* Be thoroughly familiar with Quality ManagementSystem requirements and work to maintain TS and all customer certifications.
* Ability to make Quality calls on non-conformingproduct.
* Serves as a team member when required andrepresents the Quality function (teams such asAPQP, Quality Systems audit, new business opportunities, etc.)
* Quality representative on product launch teams.
* Responsible for preparing PPAP, PSO, and otherquality documentation for product launches.
* Acts as a liaison to customer.
* Assists in problem solving quality concerns.
* Maintains records of customer quality concernsand concern PPM level for both OE andAftermarket accounts.
* Conducts and provides direction on Gage R &R studies.
* Performs other duties as required.
* 4 year degree in Engineering or Business orrelated field preferred
* Minimum five years' experience in qualityengineering/control preferred
* Experience in a Tier 1 automotive supplierpreferred
* Gage R&R experience and calibration aplus
* Experience with OEMs preferred
* Knowledge of basic statistical tools preferred
* Computer skills - Statgraphics, Minitab orrelated applications
* Basic understanding of statistics
* Problem solving skills
* Knowledge of Quality Systems (FMEA's, PPAP's,TS16949, Ford Q1, DCX, GM, etc.)
* Statistical proficiency - capability calculationpreferred
* Developed communication skills with all levelsof management
* Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Excel,Access, Powerpoint, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled