Ideal Candidate will...
- Will be friendly, helpful and flexible
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail and demonstrate problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people
- Ability to organize and juggle multiple tasks
- Great time management and ability to work independently
- Strong computer and data entry skills are needed
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office suite of products
- Experience using QuickBooks
- Ability to effectively conduct research on the Internet
- Office and nonprofit experience including managing volunteers is desired
25 hours per week, Monday through Thursday 9 am - 3 pm, year round
The Oakland Literacy Council believes that all people have a fundamental right to literacy. With support from our funders, we pair trained, compassionate tutors with adult learners until they become proficient readers, writers, and communicatiors. Volunteers have been providing free one-on-one tutoring for adults with literacy needs since 1984.