Job Title: Automotive Vehicle Inspector - Manheim Detroit Auction
Performs accurate and timely inspection and reporting while acting as the liaison between SGS's customers and their customers.
* Drives a personal vehicle to and from assignments and/or inspection sites
* Moves about to inspect vehicles at the lessee's home or place of business; moves about at a dealership staging area to inspect vehicles on the lot and tag or otherwise mark vehicles that have been inspected
* Detects signs of previous damage or structural damage by viewing the undercarriage, engine and trunk compartments, the exterior and interior areas of the vehicle
* Identifies scratches, gouges, dents and dings on the vehicle
* Recognizes vehicle color classification
* Accounts for, tests or inspects vehicle parts and accessories as required
* Determines excessive wear and tear and chargeable and non chargeable damages in accordance with established policies and procedures and customer guidelines
* Takes digital images of vehicles as required by Company policies and procedures and customer guidelines and attaches images to electronic vehicle file
* Enters vehicle data and damages noted in a hand held computer and transmits information to Company server or records vehicle data and damages noted in written form for later data entry and transmission
* Communicates and exchanges information verbally and in writing with lessees, dealers and customers regarding products and services
* Perform general administrative duties such as completing and submitting daily production logs, mileage reports, titles, etc. as required
* May be assigned to work within other product lines or inspection types
* Assure the highest level of service and compliance with contractual obligations, customer needs and Company policies and procedures
* Perform inspections in all product lines for which training has been received
* Maintain t he minimum number of inspections within eight hours as established per product line by the Supervisor
* Assure the most efficient use of working time
* Follow scheduled hours, and be available for overtime work as needed
* Communicate problems, discrepancies, and other operational issues to Supervisor in a timely manner
* Maintain all assigned equipment in good working order, and report malfunctions immediately
* Maintain excellent client relations and customer satisfaction
* Contribute to the identification of new business prospects
* Understand and comply with Company procedures for Safety, Field Operations, and reporting
* Understand and comply with individual Client Instructions and requirements
* Make recommendations to Supervisor regarding improvements to the operations and other areas as appropriate
* Assist coworkers and Supervisor where necessary
* Submit accurate weekly time cards to Supervisor
* Performs other duties as directed
* At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
* High school diploma or GED equivalent.
* Experience in adjusting, and/or automotive services preferred, but not required.
* Must be able to attend work regularly and predictably.
* Must be able to work well under pressure and without supervision..
* Must have excellent communications skills.
* Must be able to drive, have a valid driver's license in the State where domiciled, and be available for occasional travel.
* Must be able to comply with the physical requirements of the position of Inspector, which includes bending, twisting, kneeling, walking, climbing, stretching and grasping without restrictions.
* Must be able to lift 40 pounds, and continuously carry 5 pounds.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.