Love what you do. Love where you work. MOKA is seeking an experienced leader for a residential treatment home in Allegan county. The Residential Home Supervisor is responsible to assure the highest quality of compassionate care and support for the individuals who live in the home. This is a full time position, with benefits, including 401(k), paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
Manages a residential site for individuals with developmental disabilities and oversees the educational/recreational and social activities of those individuals. Supports and advocates for individual needs within an interdisciplinary team.
Essential Functions:Include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Ensures that those served receive individualized active treatment.
- Schedules appointments for individuals.
- Advocates for residents in areas such as community involvement, family interactions and general well-being.
- Attends a variety of meetings and participates both in areas of collecting information for self/staff and contributing ideas and information.
- Supervises staff in areas including: quality of life for those served, safety, delivery of programs and other services, household shopping, employee satisfaction, staff cooperation and contacts with individuals and groups outside the agency.
- Oversees staff in areas of home cleanliness and maintenance indoors and outdoors.
- Evaluates the performance of employees and makes wage recommendations according to preset scales.
- Investigates and reports all incidents, including abuse and neglect, according to applicable policy; takes corrective action.
- Acts as policy enforcement staff for the home.
- Participates in the management review process and recommends revisions to policies and procedures.
- Transports individuals to and from community locations and therefore; MUST
- have and maintain a valid (not suspended, revoked or denied) Michigan driver's license and an acceptable driving record according to MOKA’s current vehicle insurance carrier’s criteria.
- Contributes to the preparation of an annual budget, pays bills and makes expenditure decisions.
- All employees will respond to health risks or any hazardous condition(s) and communicate using the agency hierarchy any potential health risk, hazardous or unsafe condition(s).
Education and/or Experience
That normally acquired in an Associates Degree or at least two years experience in a similar human service environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have general knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. Competence in using standard Microsoft Office™ software, especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access and Outlook.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
A validated State of Michigan driver's license, Department of Mental Health training and CPR and First Aid training.
Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly, to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Are normally in an indoor residential or office environment. May include exposure to outside atmospheric conditions experienced in home maintenance or transportation activities.
Interested applicants need to complete the online application at www.moka.org/careers