Requisition Number 19-0567 Title SUBSTANCE ABUSE THERAPIST - NEWBERRY, MI Program Newberry Correctional Facility City NEWBERRY State MI On Call Description Gateway Foundation Corrections is dedicated to rebuilding the lives of incarcerated individuals struggling with substance use disorders. In addition to a competitive salary, Gateway offers employees health benefits, dental insurance, career advancement, training and development, and on-site supervised hours for certification and licensure.
Therapists are responsible for:
* Completes comprehensive assessment of clients' substance abuse and/or mental health history and treatment requirements, and prepares individualized developmentally appropriate treatment plan.
* Provides individual and group counseling, and educational programs in accordance with treatment plan.
* Documents treatment and discharge plans, and clients' progress and responses to treatments; and maintains related records and charts.
* Performs case management and contributes to client care monitoring.
* Caseload typically includes some complex cases requiring more intensive services. Requirements Requirements:
* Masters Degree and minimum of one year of experience, or bachelors degree with minimum of two years experience
* Experience in substance abuse treatment counseling with criminal justice experience at a minimum.
* Clinical professional license or certification in substance abuse in the State of Michigan
* This is an on-call position
•Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.
•Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets