Promote teamwork and convey a interest in supporting the lean production philosophy. Maintain acceptable levels of performance as measured against department benchmarks. In addition, provide input relative to continuously improving the overall performance of the department. Perform the electrical installation, maintenance and repair of a variety of industrial machinery, equipment and systems throughout the facility.
Preferred journeyman status or certification as an electrician. Must successfully satisfy the established job qualifying criteria.
- Work in conjunction with area team leaders and supervisors to maintain standards of production.
- Ability to effectively communicate, plan, organize and problem solve is essential.
- Assist and train fellow team members when required.
- Employee will be required to perform the electrical installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of a variety of industrial equipment, machinery and systems including:
Analog, digital, PLCs, CNCs, temperature controllers, HMI’s, motor controls, Induction Heating, Heat-treat, variable speed drives, counters, timers, microprocessor-based controllers and traditional relay logic-controlled equipment.
- Must be able to work from blueprints, sketches, wiring diagrams and manufacturers’ specifications.
- Able to work overtime.
- Must expend average physical effort in walking, climbing, carrying tools and equipment.
- Must have own set of tools.
- Employee must exercise extreme attentiveness to detail to ensure safety while performing electrical duties.
- Employee responsible for understanding department escalation policy.
Health, Safety and Environmental:
- Must adhere to all established health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to avoid exposure to falls, burns, electrical shocks, or other major injuries. Each employee has the responsibility to minimize any negative impacts on the environment. Occasionally required to work in excessive heat and cold or required to work in cramped or restricted space. May be required to perform some heavy lifting. Employee required to report any work-related incidents immediately. In addition, employee is responsible for the housekeeping, orderliness and basic organization of the immediate work area.