This position works directly for the Manager of Corporate Claims Strategy and Operations as a member of the Corporate Claims leadership team. Understands multiple-perspectives of claims and corporate business and operational issues and their impact to the Company. Responsible for managing work that ranges from strategic to tactical with claims leaders and teams and members of the enterprise services functions and operating companies. Manages various corporate claims projects as directed by the Director of Corporate Claims Strategy and Operations. Works in partnership across enterprise services and operating companies to implement and track strategic plans, projects and initiatives for corporate claims functions
RESPONSIBILITIES/TASKS: (Brief bullet points detailing the tasks for this position)
* Works directly with executive sponsors, enterprise leaders, and project teams to ensure successful implementations of initiatives or work activities.
* Creates and documents existing and proposed business process work flows.
* As assigned, leads and is accountable for cross-departmental and/or cross-operating company initiatives involving multiple functions and complexity.
* Advises on the utilization of best practices, as well as resource allocation, project prioritization, plan development and analysis, risk, scope and budget management.
* Creates project deliverables, including various written artifacts such as communication plans, project charters, business plans, executive level summaries and presentations
* Participates in developing department strategic goals, objectives and systems.
* Serves as a member of variou s projects advisory groups providing project guidance.
* Works with minimal supervision.
* Manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
* Maintains confidentiality.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required
EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in insurance, business, information systems, or related field. Combinations of relevant education and experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Project management experience is required. A Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or progress toward this designation is preferred. Continuous learning required, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy. Certification, or progress toward, highly preferred and encouraged.
Minimum three years of progressive insurance experience required, including working knowledge in a claims environment with demonstrated technical knowledge that provides the necessary skills, knowledge and abilities. Proven capabilities in project management, process/workflow analysis, planning, communications, strategy, and budgets required.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED: (Brief bullet points detailing the skills necessary for this position)
* Practical knowledge of project management principles and practices, including planning and coordination, with the ability to complete large projects involving multiple resources.
* Knowledge of insurance and claims environment.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret policy documents, technical and financial information, and procedure manuals.
* Excellent oral and written communications, as well as presentation skills.
* Ability to establish a personal rapport at all levels of the organization, especially internal customers and to resolve conflicts in a professional manner
* Demonstrated ability to work independently in the planning, execution and closing of projects.
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate and successfully function in a team environment.
* Excellent skills in Microsof t Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
* Ability to effectively exchange information clearly and concisely, and present ideas, reports facts and other information, and respond to questions as appropriate.
* Ability to establish rapport and maintain customer satisfaction without compromising priorities.
* Ability to interact with others to build consensus and get decisions implemented.
* Ability to establish workflows, manages multiple projects, and meet necessary deadlines.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to perform other assignments at locations outside the office.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards. Travel is required; approximately 5-10%. Must possess a valid driver's license with a record that meets corporate standards
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an "at will" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.