Help Desk Support
Location: Lansing, MI
Duration: 2-3 months
Responsible for all computer related issues with the company. Assures that all plant computer applications and hardware meet plant requirements to provide reliable uninterrupted computer support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keeps continuous network integrity for the production system at the West Point plant including backup and security of the network.
- Maintains office/plant computer systems - hardware and software as well as printers.
- Upgrade and repair all plant computer systems (software and hardware).
- Installing and uninstalling of computer software.
- Analyzes production processes to determine where improvements may be made which will contribute to quality and plant profitability.
- Update and maintain IT work instructions.
- Communicate effective and work will with his/her fellow Team Members.
- Responsible for providing recognition and positive reinforcement for all Team Members, in a manner to further develop each member of the team.
- Reporting accidents, occupational illnesses, and HSE&E emergencies, and inform supervisor of known HSE&E conditions which could adversely affect other team members, assets or to the public.
- Ensures compliance with all safety procedures and ensures safe working procedures in assigned production areas.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Level Degree in Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience. Post-secondary degree would be considered an asset
- At least one years’ experience with Windows NT, Oracle, and ERP Solutions in a repetitive manufacturing environment.
Important Must Haves:
- Familiar with Windows environment 7 / 10
- Familiar with Server 2008, 12, 16
- Willing to support cabling work requests
- Familiar with SQL