At Mercantile Bank of Michigan, we are dedicated to our Customers, Employees and Communities. Our exceptional team members are committed to maintaining an environment of personal growth and development while providing professional and personalized service to customers and supporting our diverse communities. Employees are our most valuable asset!
If you have an interest in joining a team that operates with INTEGRITY, DISCIPLINE and PURPOSE, consider Mercantile Bank as a potential employer.
Operates a teller window and/or drive-up to provide customers with excellent customer service on a variety of transactions. Identifies cross-sell opportunities and refers to the appropriate team member(s).
This position will be required to work at various branches in the outlined region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs and completes in an efficient and courteous manner the teller servicing of transactions; deposits, withdrawals, payments on loans, and check cashing within the established policies and procedures. Maintain a cash drawer and balance the drawer daily.
- Promotes and enhances customer relations by projecting a positive image of the bank, department and self by providing quality service to all customers.
- Initiates sales, actively pursues cross-sell opportunities, and assures proper servicing and referrals with the appropriate personnel using Mercantile's Customer Relationship Management System (360 View). Meets or exceeds sales goals.
- Retains a current and complete knowledge of the Bank's products and services.
- Answer the telephone and directs customer inquiries to appropriate bank personnel.
- Works as a team player to assist co-workers and managers in completing daily branch tasks and responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One to three years' experience in a customer service, preferably in a sales environment.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work in an office environment which may include many hours of computer and phone usage. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities can perform the essential functions.
We believe embracing human diversity makes us a better bank. We know it makes us better people.
Employees with dissimilar backgrounds, perspectives, opinions and lifestyles help us understand the motivations and desires of our many different customers. Thus, we will strive to maintain a workforce that reflects the increasing diversity of the communities we serve by ensuring equal employment opportunity for all persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity), national origin, age, height, weight, disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, disabled or Vietnam era veteran, other forms of military status, marital status, or other protected characteristics.