We have the great privilege of helping patients and families re-build their lives. It’s extraordinarily meaningful work and the reason we greet the day with optimism and anticipation. When patients “Ask for Mary,” they experience a culture that has been sculpted for more than a century. Our hallmark is to carefully listen to patients and innovatively serve them. This is true of every employee, from support staff and leadership, to clinicians and care providers.
Mary Free Bed is a not-for-profit, nationally accredited rehabilitation hospital serving thousands of children and adults each year through inpatient, outpatient, sub-acute rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and home and community programs. With the most comprehensive rehabilitation services in Michigan and an exclusive focus on rehabilitation, Mary Free Bed physicians, nurses and therapists help our patients achieve outstanding clinical outcomes. The growing Mary Free Bed Network provides patients throughout the state with access to our unique standard of care.
Restoring hope and freedom through rehabilitation.
Maintains a clean, safe environment inside and outside the hospital by performing duties according to departmental techniques, procedures, and needs. Scheduled work may include weekends, holidays, and/or a variety of shifts.
• Focus on Patient Care. A selfless drive to serve and heal connects all MFB employees.
• Clinical Variety and Challenge. An inter-disciplinary approach and a top team of professionals create ever-changing opportunities and activities.
• Family Culture. We offer the stability of a large organization while nurturing the family/team atmosphere of a small organization.
• Trust in Each Other. Each employee knows that his/her co-workers can be trusted to make the right decision for our family, patients, staff and community.
• A Proud Tradition. Years of dedicated, quality service to our patients and community have yielded a reputation that fills our employees with pride.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Sweeps, dust mops and wet mops floors and stairways as needed.
- Auto-scrubs VCT, porcelain, ceramic, and quarry tile on a daily basis.
- Auto-scrubs/deep cleans patient room laminate floors per schedule.
- Performs hard floor care processes as directed on VCT floors which includes: floor stripping, prep, and apply finish, deep scrub & recoat, burnishing, and daily maintenance.
- Spots cleans all carpeted areas on a daily basis.
- Extracts carpeted areas, including elevators, as directed by carpet cleaning schedule.
- Deep-cleans restroom floors per schedule.
- Maintains equipment and materials in a clean and orderly manner.
- Cleans in assigned areas when needed, such as patient rooms, nurses' stations, examination and treatment rooms, public and patient lavatories, lounges and offices, and public areas including window washing.
- Any other duties as assigned by manager.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
Demonstrates excellent customer service behaviors consistent with organizational and departmental standards. Consistently promotes teamwork and direct communication with co-workers. Deals discretely and sensitively with confidential information.
Responsibilities in Quality Improvement:
Contributes by participating in meetings, identifying problems and seeking solutions. Participates in department efforts to monitor and report.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Mary Free Bed values diversity and inclusion among patients, families and staff. We strive to hire people who reflect the communities we serve. Our employees will serve all patients, families and each other with dignity and respect.
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Prior environmental services experience and/or within 30 days of hire demonstrate proficiency through our pre- and post-assessment.
- Ability to communicate through the oral and/or written process and ability to follow directions.
- Physical Demands:
- Ability to work independently. Able to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time)
- Able to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 50 pounds occasionally
- The ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel, twist, crawl, grasp, reach, and occasionally climb
- The ability to hear, speak, write and see (correctable vision)
Environmental Services Manager
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this classification. If you require a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of this position, you must request accommodation in writing, within 182 days after you know or should know of the need for accommodation.