We are looking for a motivated electrical engineer to interface with customer and team members on safety critical automotive products, develop appropriate Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) test plans and interpret test results. This position evaluates electrical and electronic designs for impact on overall EMC performance and identifies cost effective EMC countermeasures. The ideal candidate is highly organized and good with scheduling to ensure critical deadlines are met.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ownership of the EMC design requirements for electronic automotive modules at a circuit board and system level
- Evaluation and translation of customer EMC requirements and procedures into EMC test documents and design concepts
- Review electronic component datasheet and application notes for the development of EMC protection schemes
- Analyze schematics and circuit board layout for adherence to EMC design practices and guidelines
- Formulate system and circuit board level EMC protection (filtering, shielding, etc)
- Develop EMC product test plans base off of customer requirements and procedures
- Investigate validation issues and develop EMC protection which complies with customer requirements
- Track and coordinate EMC validation dates, parts, and reports
- Develop and configure detailed models in order to perform circuit level and structural electromagnetic simulations
Major: Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Physics
- Educational focus in design/development of electromagnetic systems and RF electronic systems
- Ability to develop SPICE circuits/models with high frequency characteristics
- Perform electronic prototyping with surface mount devices
- Excellent problem solving techniques
- Strong organization and documentation abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with electromagnetic simulation techniques, setup, and analysis
- Familiarity with embedded control system electronics
- Experience with Visual Basic, .Net, and LabView programming environments
- Experience with Mentor Graphics EDA suite
- Experience with Spectrum Analyzer
- Automotive experience
Must have the right to work in the US without requiring sponsorship.
Must have a minimum of 2.7 GPA.
Equal Opportunity Employer Disabled/Minorities/Veterans/Women
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Nexteer is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employees to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States.
Accessibility for Applicants with Disabilities: If you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability please call 1-989-757-5000. Please provide your contact information and details about the posted position of interest. Only inquiries regarding assistance for those who need an accommodation with the online application process due to a disability will be returned.