Billing Specialist – Government Medical – Heart of the City West
Cherry Health is a federally qualified health system with a mission to improve the health and wellness of individuals by providing comprehensive primary and behavioral health care while encouraging access by those who are underserved. The Billing Specialist is responsible for working on a team to help ensure proper billing for patient services to patients and insurance companies. This is a full-time, benefit-eligible position working Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
If you haven’t considered a career at Cherry Health, we have some exceptional benefits:
- Medical/dental/vision coverage
- A generous paid-time off (PTO) policy
- 403(b) retirement savings with an employer match contribution
- Onsite continuing education opportunities
- Vendor discounts
- And much more!
- Certified Professional Biller (CPB)
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
- Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT)
- Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist (CMRS)
- If not certified, the ability to become certified within 9 months of start date
- At least two years of experience as a biller in a health care setting preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the duties of the job
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
- Knowledge of government payers for dental and dental terminology preferred
- Knowledge of health insurance policies and payer guidelines preferred
- Process payer rejections and outstanding claim reports to manage accounts receivable on a weekly basis.
- Run reports and review accounts according to payer guidelines.
- Communicate tactfully with patients regarding bills by telephone, mail, and in person.
- Utilize the collection agency as stated in Agency policy
- Post insurance and patient payments as needed
- Understand and adhere to Cherry Health’s compliance standards as they appear in Cherry Health’s Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy
- Keep abreast of all pertinent federal, state and Cherry Health’s regulations, laws, and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified
- Deal with the public, colleagues, and professional staff in a courteous, pleasant manner
- Other duties as assigned
We are accepting applications for this position until January 21, 2020 or until the position is filled.
Our policy is to offer all employees and applicants for employment equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, height, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected category.