Have we got the perfect job for you! (That’s right … made you look!)
Do you live for the art of the deal? Do you like being in the center of the bullpen? Are you a skilled negotiator who likes a challenge?
We are The Carpet Guys.
We are a local, family-owned, rapidly-growing company with a strong foothold in metro Detroit.
We are seeking a long-term, full-time Contact Center Representative at our corporate offices in Troy.
WE WANT YOU, if you:
- Like and want an upbeat, fast-paced environment filled with recognition and opportunity;
- Have a competitive edge and a proven history of producing results; and
- Can maintain a positive, upbeat and winning attitude.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Act as support to walk-in customers, call-in homeowners and contracted salespeople.
- “Close” flooring sales over the phone.
- Be the go-to person by establishing relationships through follow up, as needed.
- Respond timely and responsibly to inquiries regarding scheduling, our product line, pricing, policies and billing.
- Monitor the performance and productivity levels of the sales associates to ensure daily achievement of goals.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Proficiency (preferably in both) the Google Office Suite and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- The ability to learn and master industry-specific software.
- Multi-tasking proficiency and time management skills (WE ARE BUSY!).
- Effective listening, verbal and written communications ability. (Our Contact Center staff need to be confident in using technical terminology as well as “layman’s English”.)
- Strong ethics, high integrity and a commitment to putting the homeowner first.
- A sense of email etiquette and the ability to service all job levels with a pleasant and friendly phone voice.
- An administrative background within a team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Geographic knowledge of the metropolitan Detroit area.
- Dependability and an earnest work ethic, able to put in more than the “regular 9.00 to 5.00”.
- A client/”street ready” appearance.
- A customer service/problem-solving mentality.
- Previous direct-to-consumer and/or flooring company/retail showroom experience.
- Previous experience working with independent contractors.
- Some college coursework.
- Bilingual ability, particularly in Spanish or Arabic.
Additionally, our candidates must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid driver's license, with reliable transportation to and from work.
- Be able to pass a monitored, pre-employment drug screen.
- Be able to physically lift ten (10) pounds regularly and move items of various weights and sizes.
- Be available to work varied hours, Monday through Friday, 9.00 a.m. to 9.00 p.m; Saturday and Sunday, 10.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m.
This position is full-time and offers medical, dental and optical benefits after 90 days of employment. Internal advancement opportunities will be available as the incumbent’s skills develop and the company continues its growth track. Starting wages are $14.00 to $16.00 per hour, commensurate with experience and skills sets. There is bonus potential following the completion of training (six to nine months).