Who is Mel Trotter Ministries?
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We dream and dare more for MTM because all of God’s people deserve more. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team! Together and through the power of Christ, we can do immeasurably more to solve homelessness in our community.
You belong here if:
You are called to make an impact in greater Grand Rapids.
You are called to help men, women and children overcome homelessness.
You see value and potential in every human being no matter how broken they are.
You rejoice in seeing lives transformed forever.
You are called to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus to everyone.
Dental Assistant - Part Time
The Dental Assistant is to assist in all areas of the Dental Clinic to include Chair side assistance for the Dentist and the Administrative responsibilities required for the clinic. Maintain OSHA compliance in the clinic.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We will trust you with:
- Assist the dentists in providing patient treatment, x-rays and carrying out the treatment plan
- Proper set up, sanitation and storage of trays and dental instruments
- Follow dental protocol for proper sterilization techniques and asepsis in the clinic
- Proficiency with Eaglesoft Dental System and end of day documentation of treatment provided
- Inventory control of dental supplies and manage lab cases
- Confirm patient appointments and verify health histories.
Bring your strengths:
- Experienced Dental Assistant
- CDA and RDA certification preferred
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Dental X-Ray Certification
- Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
- Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
- Ability to communicate verbally and to accurately hear, with hearing correction
- Ability to see 20/20, with vision correction
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, and up to 35 pounds regularly
- Able to use fine motor hand functions
- Frequently exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 80 degrees