Our family-owned flooring company is seeking dedicated Receptionists to handle customer-facing duties as well as general office tasks. When our customers walk into our building, we want them to find a friendly, smiling face and a helping hand. An ideal candidate will have excellent “first impression” skills, can communicate across diverse environments, can multi-task, and will possess a professional look and an exceptionally-friendly phone voice.
Our retail showroom is open from 9.00 a.m. to 9.00 p.m., Monday through Friday and 10.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. We will be hiring a full-time candidate (32 hours or more per week) and part-time candidates (18 or more hours per week, each), who must have open availability across all shifts.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Answer the phone in a timely manner and direct calls to the correct extensions.
- Greet customers/guests as soon as they arrive in our showroom and connect them with the appropriate party in our Contact Center or our administrative staff.
- Assist applicants for employment with the necessary paperwork and facilitate the digital assessment process.
- Manage digital document scanning into active work order files.
- Assist the Contact Center and Executive staff with any special projects which may need assistance.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- On-the-job training.
- Base pay starting at $10.00-$11.50 per hour (based on existing skills), with the potential to earn incremental increases based on performance.
- Medical, dental, optical and life insurance benefits (full-time employees working over 30 hours per week).
- Internal advancement possibilities as skills develop and the company continues to grow.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A client/”street ready” appearance.
- A speaking voice that is confident, friendly and welcoming; clear diction.
- A high school diploma.
- Computer literacy.
- Accurate typing skills producing minimal errors.
- The ability to learn industry-specific software.
- Time management and superior attendance … we are BUSY!
- Communication skills, verbal and written.
- A customer service/problem-solving mentality.
- Ability to learn appropriate levels of personal, phone and email etiquette.
- Experience using the Microsoft Office and Google Office Suites.
- Previous experience in flooring; retail showroom environments; basement waterproofing; call center operations; or experience working with independent contractors.
- Some college coursework.
- Bilingual ability, particularly in Spanish or Arabic.
- Geographic knowledge of the metropolitan Detroit area.
If you’re genuine, enjoy being a knowledge source and have organizational skills, then you’re the candidate for us.
Additionally, candidates must be able to meet the following requirements at time of application:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be fluent in English.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Be able to pass a background check and a monitored, pre-employment drug screen.
- The physical strength to occasionally lift ten (10) pounds as well as move items of various weights and sizes.