Coordinates resident care related to medications by working with all departments, the medical community, families and administrative staff to provide for resident needs with continuity and an adherence to the scope of practice and licensure for the community. Provides complete supervision of the medication room, pass techniques, documentation and supervision and provision of care related to medication in the community.
Provides personal care and supervision to the residents at the community. Promotes resident well being and satisfaction through support with activities of daily living. Communicates with other departments to ensure resident needs are met.
The community has one Medication Aide on each shift for Memory Care and two for each shift on the Assisted Living side. Each Caregiver will be charged with all of the personal care duties of their resident assignment.
Responsibilities of the Medication Aide:
- Resident charts. Keeping documentation current (Community forms, licensing documentation, physician orders, incident reports., etc.)
- Communicate resident status changes.
- Ensure all medication documentation is current and correct, including medication administration forms, physician orders, change of dosages, written orders to confirm telephone orders, etc.
- Ensure medication room is completely stocked with all required continuous, PRN, Over-the-Counter (OTC), and other medications as ordered by the physician. (per the Nursing Supervisor)
- Coordinate medication orders and deliveries with pharmacies. (Per the Nursing Supervisor)
- Communicate with physicians and other healthcare providers as needed. (Per the Nursing Supervisor)
- Control medication room access and key assignment.
- Pour, pass, and assist with administration of medications in accordance with state regulations.
- Coordinate physician and other medical appointments.(Per Nursing Supervisor)
- Read all communication notes regarding the community between the Caregiver shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities of the Caregiver:
- Assist with activities of daily living, following community protocol, licensing regulation and guidelines for both resident and employee safety.
- Follow safety guidelines in the community, including proper lifting technique and universal precautions when providing care to the residents.
- Follow the schedule of duties for each caregiver, as well as the individual plan of care for each resident.
- Function as a team, assisting coworkers as the need arises.
- Monitor resident activity, food intake, functional status, psychosocial status, taking action as required to promote resident well being.
- Report status change immediately to the Nursing Supervisor.
- Act immediately on any resident crisis, following protocol and basic first aid training.
- Document resident status change, including but not limited to, physical change, reaction to medication, psychosocial status change.
- In the event all assigned duties cannot be completed, ask for assistance and report to the Nursing Supervisor.
- Any other assignments made by your direct supervisor or administrator.
- Promote open communication between health care professionals, families, residents and staff.
- Adhere to guidelines in the employee handbook, including dress code, conduct, scheduling. etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time