Safely operate all golf course equipment, carefully and skillfully to maintain the golf courses up to Shanty Creek Resorts’ standards.
- Responsible for the daily mowing/conditioning of the golf course and other related areas connected to the well being of the course.
- Repair ball marks and remove rocks prior to greens mowing.
- Inform the mechanic of any and all changes in operating and performance of their equipment.
- Relay any and all problems/opportunities that will affect the operations of the golf course and its staff to the golf course superintendent, assistant, or foreman.
- Work closely with and assist the managers in their day to day operations of the course in general.
- Work independently of all supervision.
- Perform any other duties deemed necessary by the Superintendent or his/her Assistants.
A minimum of 6 months of professional experience in landscaping, lawn care, or golf course maintenance is preferred for this position. Additional on the job training available.
A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalency is required for this position.
- Must have a driver’s license.
- Must be able to perform on a daily basis the normal general maintenance on any piece of equipment that you operate, which includes the checking of all fluid levels. (i.e., oils, greases, hydraulics fluids, leaking hoses, loose belts, etc.)
- General knowledge of the game of golf and understand how job performance affects the playing conditions of the golf course.
- Knowledge of safe, efficient mechanical operation of tractors and other motorized equipment.
Eligible for Resort perks of discounted skiing, golf, dining, lodging, fitness center, spa treatments, logoed wear, and much more!
Shanty Creek Resorts is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or other protected status under applicable federal, state or local laws.