Northwest Michigan Works! is seeking a dynamic, energetic individual to join our Apprenticeship Development Team! The Apprenticeship Specialist assists with planning and implementing Department of Labor registered apprenticeship programs and ensures the success of registered apprentices throughout the 10 county region of Northwest Lower Michigan.
If you are an innovative, creative professional who would enjoy a career in this progressive workforce development field, we would love to hear from you!
Responsibilities, Essential Duties and Functions:
- Develop and implement customized apprenticeship programs in collaboration with employers, academic providers and Department of Labor Office of Apprenticeship
- Implement local, state and federal policies including Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act
- Maintain relationships with employers and apprentices at job sites
- Research job descriptions, related academic requirements and regulations for customizing apprenticeships
- Maximize funding sources for employer and apprentice benefit
- Capture, report and manage all types of data for auditing and monitoring
- Provide community outreach including public presentations
- Communicate updates with Northwest Michigan Works! staff including a working relationship with Business Services and the Career Services Teams
- Assist with development of marketing materials and event planning
- Data entry, correspondence and other tasks as needed
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Ability Required:
- Willing and motivated to learn while having the ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication including public speaking
- Exceptional organizational abilities
- Positive, professional approach and interactions
- Proficiency in Microsoft, Salesforce, OSMIS, PMTC and Google applications
- Possession of valid driver's license and insurable to drive agency vehicles
- Knowledge of business practices, workforce development and human resources
- Creative out of the box thinking for customizing apprenticeships
- Frequent travel required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in marketing, business, management, sales or related field
This full time professional position is entitled to a generous and competitive fringe benefit package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance. Vacation and sick time with retirement contribution is also included.
Annual salary is $40,000
Position provides access to staff vehicle or mileage reimbursement, a company phone and laptop.