- Four year Accounting Degree or equivalent
- Two years Accounting experience
- Ability to work with others
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Accurate with strict attention to detail
- Proficient with 10-key and computer usage
- Good communication skills
Working in an office/production environment with possible exposure to hot and cold conditions; intermittent exposure to fumes and odors, various oils and chemicals, airborne particles and moving machinery. The work is fast paced and results oriented which may be stressful.
- Work Hours 8:00am – 4:30 pm with a half-hour lunch. Hours may vary as needed to accomplish the job.
- Salaried position.
- Interact, communicate and coordinate work activities with the Accounting Team to promote efficiency and profitable operations.
Tasks and Duties
- Reconcile all checking and cash accounts.
- Calculate use taxes due on purchases.
- Reconcile prepaid and accrual accounts
- Assist with monthly closing and preparation of financial statements.
- Verify asset, liability and expense account balances and follow-up on any discrepancies.
- Asset Capitalization and Depreciation
- Review jobs for costing accuracy and make any necessary adjusting entries
- Analyze and prepare profit margin reports
- Calculation of overhead rate, financial ratios, and breakeven point
- Reconcile expense reports and employee credit card purchases
- Assist with A/P and A/R as needed.
- Show a strong willingness to learn and perform any and all other tasks required by management.
Measures of Performance
- Attendance and punctuality record.
- Quality of work performed consistently.
- Complete and accurate information.
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor while interacting with others.
- Ability to maintain clean and organized work area.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Cooperation with other team-members.
- Performance level on other tasks assigned by management.
- Demonstrate initiative though improved job efficiencies in department/company knowledge expansion.