Change Parts, Inc. is in search of a Purchaser to join our team! As a Purchaser you will develop and manage vendor relationships to achieve organizational objectives including cost avoidances, cost effectiveness and cost reductions, while maintaining appropriate inventory levels. You will be responsible to work with Global Shop to enter data necessary to process works orders and track and execute the engineering and production schedules, as well as performing administrative functions for the Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
- Develop vendor base and ensure favorable charges, discounts, terms
- Effectively manage the sourcing with, and purchasing from vendors
- Maintain adequate levels of raw material and stock parts while maximizing turns
- Troubleshoot inventory accuracy problems
- Provide appropriate engineering support: process engineering releases, enter/edit BOMs, create work orders; distribute copies to the shop
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous manufacturing purchasing experience a plus
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, technical data and reports.
- High school degree or equivalent
- Minimum of two years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent of combination of education and experience.
- Literacy in MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts
- Blueprint reading experience a plus
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
WHAT WE OFFER IN RETURN
- Competitive wage
- Health insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- Paid vacation and paid time off
- Life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Educational assistance
- Standard shift Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Change Parts considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, orientation or any other legally protected status.