Position Description and Purpose:
Roskam Baking Company produces and packages food products with the goal of consistently meeting and exceeding customer expectations for quality, safety and wholesomeness. The role of the Quality Technician is to ensure these goals are met through an operational and analytical focus, an attention to detail, defect detection and corrective/preventative action, and strong internal partnerships with the production department. This is a fast passed job that requires walking, standing, and satisfactory multitasking.
- The Quality Technician is responsible for monitoring and maintaining key indicators of product quality and safety through inspection, testing and communication. The position ensures the operations and procedures on the plant floor meet and align with corporate quality policy. This includes maintenance of food safety and quality programs, HACCP, allergen control, ingredient control, GMP's, document control, traceability, product quality reviews, and corrective/preventative action. In addition the Quality Technician is responsible for reporting any deviations in quality processes to the Quality Supervisor.
- The Quality Technician's hands-on approach and strong interpersonal skills will allow them to become familiar with the plant processes and work with others to ensure alignment and drive continuous improvement within the daily operations in the plant. Leading and driving corrective/preventative action will deliver results and improvements to Roskam Baking Company.
- Ensure alignment of plant procedures with quality policy and SQF elements
- Ensure all testing and inspections are aligned with plant quality procedures and specifications
- Develop a strong knowledge of plant floor activities
- Support the maintenance of SQF certification
- Implement corrective and preventative action