COUNTER HELP//CUSTOMER SERVICE for Bowling Center
part time manager
(25-30 hours a week):
Shore Lanes Bowling Center is looking for someone to work 3-4 days a week during the evenings. Tuesdays through Fridays to start. If you are looking to learn a new trade then this is the job for you. The bowling industry is looking for people who are efficient, self motivated and reliable. You will be placed in charge of running leagues and some open bowling. It is important that you can manage yourself and others. Showing up on time is important as well as being ready to learn a new set of skills that must be learned on site. You will be given the opportunity to show your customer service abilities and will be given opportunities to advance in time if you put in the effort.
High school degree required, College degree preferred
Must have TWO years or more management experience.
Must be able to promote and inform customers of upcoming events. In other words you must be able to smile, speak clearly and not be afraid to talk to strangers
Must be able to multi task, have the ability to asses situations while maintain a positive attitude
Must be firm, professional & enthusiastic at all times
Minor computer skills needed
Ability to show up and do good work with no excuses
Some duties include:
- Handle cash transactions and closing the building
- Promote upcoming events
- Make changes, corrections, and aids in the use of scoring devices. Instruct bowlers on proper use of automatic scorers.
- Provides friendly, courteous, polite, and helpful customer service.
- Set up variety of equipment: Sets up automatic scorers with league sheets; Sets up and takes down bumpers
- Removes bowling balls from ball return and returns to ball racks. (must be able to lift up to 20lbs)
- Clean up wet and dry spills. Cleans approaches, seating area and consoles after each league, party or open bowlers.
Please attach resume & cover letter explaining why you are interested in working in the bowling industry.