Mobile Development Lead Consultant (Full-Time | Remote)
As a Lead Mobile Development Lead Consultant within the Mobile Application Development Practice, you will take primary responsibility for the success of a team of developers, acting as a manager and a coach for your team, ensuring that each member of the team has meaningful work that aligns with their skills and passions, while maintaining technical engagement on client projects.
75% of your time will be spent on technical projects, allowing you to serve as both a technical and people leader. A Lead Consultant ensures the success of our projects and our people - creating opportunities for growth and enabling employees to continue their success at OST.
Thinking ahead, seeing beyond and building together
We work alongside organizations to help accelerate their progress toward a digital future. With more than two decades of success behind us, we have the experience to help companies do what they do best, even better. Then we roll up our sleeves to accelerate their growth through technology and innovation.
OST has offices in Michigan and Minnesota with teammates sitting across the nation. Our customers include organizations ranging from startups to global Fortune 500 companies. With an employee-first culture driving our success for 25 years, OST has been recognized for excellence, including in Inc. Magazines 5,000s Fastest Growing Private Companies, in CRNs Tech Elite 250 and as a National Best and Brightest Company to Work For.
A day in the life:
* Model and teach the OST culture.
* Ensure excellence of service delivery and model what it means to be a technical consultant.
* Ensure prompt and sound technical decisions are made by the team to achieve business outcomes.
* Assist the Practice Lead in creating a culture of continuous shared learning opportunities within the team and across the practice.
* Coach and mentor team members on their journey of professional growth and career development.
* Identify opportunities for growth and improvement. Work across teams/practices to create better ways of delivering the right thing, the right way, fast.
* Participates in interviewing and onboarding of new team members.
* Lead individuals, teams, and clients into and through challenging/conflicting conversations toward outcomes, decisions, and results.
* Ensure the team is supported and that support is proactively provided from other components of the organization.
* Lead in a way that recognizes and praises individual efforts and collaborative successes across OST.
* Encourage opportunities for personal development and learning activities by coaching the team through their feedback and connecting them with others that can help them in the organization.
* Play an active role collaborating with Architecture and other Technical Team Leaders at OST to ensure knowledge, engineering practices, and patterns are shared.
* Ensures timely and accurate time reporting by team members.
What you bring to the table:
* 5+ years of experience in the application development space with at least 2 years in consulting.
* Currently serving in a Senior Consultant or comparable technical lead role.
* Passion for coaching and mentoring other application developers.
* Operate with a growth mindset, demonstrating your passion for learning about new technologies, languages, and systems.
* Experience leading teams and projects with a successful track record.
* Skilled communicator that demonstrates high levels of emotional intelligence.
* Strong sense of personal accountability.
* Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head off obstacles.
* Experience translating practices into maintainable documentation for team development and growth.
* Ability to create and communicate goals, priorities, and deliverables that align with project milestones, coordinate multiple projects to completion.
* Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
You matter! Your experiences matter, your journey with OST matters, and your success matters. People drive all our achievements, and we know that taking care of each other takes care of everything else. This is why we strive to promote diversity, equity and inclusion within our company, the work we do and our communities. Well surely face challenges along the way. And well all continually learn from them to build a caring culture true to our guiding principles: honor, delight, serve, embrace, and learn.
OST is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.